Hello Guest

Author Topic: Blank Screen (No graphics appearing)  (Read 1520 times)

Dogarooski

• View Profile
Blank Screen (No graphics appearing)
« on: August 04, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »
Hello there.
I've been having a problem with Otter2D for about a day now.
This isn't the first time I've used Otter, but it is the first time I've encountered this bug.
I'm using Windows 10, and when I start my game no graphics are appearing on the screen and the screen just stays black. Now here comes the weird part.
If I set the window so that it can be resized (leave it at default) and I resize the window to nearly fullscreen I can indeed see my images, although their skewed they are visible. Also it gives me an error in the console window:
"Failed to create texture, its internal size is too high (2048x1024, maximum is 1024x1024)
Impossible to create render texture (failed to create the target texture)"

BTW, the image I'm trying to render is about 250x250 pixels, nowhere near 1024x1024. Even if I try to draw a rectangle using the built-in function the same situation occurs.

Very weird, as this has never happened before. Could it be because I'm using Windows 10? Maybe Otter/SFML.NET is incompatible with Windows 10?

EDIT: In case you're wondering, I tried running another Otter game (Compiled to .EXE) I.E. Flippy Floppy and that runs just fine...
EDIT 2: Okay I got it to work by simply updating my graphics drivers... I thought I did but I had to restart my computer to apply the changes...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:34:52 PM by Dogarooski »

Commanderstitch

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • commanderstitch Homepage (coming someday)
Re: Blank Screen (No graphics appearing)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »
Win 10?
- Commanderstitch