Hello Guest

Author Topic: A Closer Look at Otter2D  (Read 4823 times)

Serapth

• View Profile
A Closer Look at Otter2D
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:58:46 PM »
Hello All,

I run the site GameFromScratch.com, dedicated to tutorials and news on indie game development.  Just an FYI that I just featured Otter in our game engine series, A Closer Look at Otter 2D.  The idea behind the Closer Look at series is to combine a review and getting started tutorial to help people get an idea if a game engine is right for them.  In addition to the post, there is a video version as well.  The post/video should also prove as a pretty effective getting started tutorial as it covers creating a game, sprite, music and audio, components and more. There is also currently a discussion about Otter on /r/gamedev.

Nice engine, I hope this helps more people discover it. 

Cheers

Kyle

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A Closer Look at Otter2D
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 02:01:05 PM »
Whoa this is awesome!  I'm glad mostly everything worked for you -- bummer about the Ogmo Editor stuff though.  I actually had no idea so many people used Tiled because everyone in my circle was always using Ogmo Editor.  Tiled support is definitely something that people have asked for, and I believe there was someone working on it.  And yeah, android and iOS are not going to be possible at this time since I don't even think SFML C++ has stable support for it yet, and Otter is nowhere near optimized for rendering on mobile.

Thanks for the feature :D