Hello Guest

Author Topic: To Fight The Sea  (Read 8753 times)

BretHudson

• indie(Function); CEO
    • View Profile
    • BretHudson.com
To Fight The Sea
« on: December 10, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm super happy to finally have an Otter game that I've finished. For Ludum Dare #31 (theme "Entire Game on One Screen"), Cameron Erickson and I decided to make a Lost Woods style game. The idea changed a bunch over time, but in the end it turned out to be a pretty neat title. I personally spent a lot more time programming the game to be smooth and to have a mood, rather than to have good aiming controls. Oops. Regardless, it's still fun to just sit in and watch the AI as you interact with it (aka kill it).

You can check out the game as well as its controls (gamepad compatible! Easier to aim with it!) on its Ludum Dare page: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-31/?action=preview&uid=8684

The game isn't 100% what we originally set out to make, and we wasted a lot of time during the jam trying to do things we weren't experienced in, as well as work/school taking a cut of our time. I'm still happy with the result, though, and hope you all enjoy it as well! Let me know what your favorite thing in the game is, and what you'd add to it (enemies, effects, etc). :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:22:38 PM by BretHudson »